b. Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats
c. Develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures
d. Contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems
CREATE→ EXPLORE → SHARE→REFLECT
TASK ONE = CREATE: Communicate and Collaborate with your classmates first
- A message to parents on the first day of the class
- Life at UGA
STEP TWO: Storyboarding
- To design your story and slides/images use this form
STEP THREE: Create with iPad
- use iMovie in the iPad
STEP FOUR: Upload
- Upload your trailer to our class YouTube account (get the log in information from your instructor)
TASK TWO = EXPLORE: Explore Communication & Collaboration Tools
There are many tools that support communication and collaboration – so many that it can be difficult to keep them organized. For this project, you’ll collect a minimum of 5 tools that support communication and collaboration.
- View an example of a Communication and Collaboration Toolkit from Maymester.
- You’ll need to create a new board on an existing Pinterest account or create a new Pinterest account. If you’ve never used Pinterest before, this is a ridiculously detailed tutorial.
- Begin exploring the web for websites and apps that support communication and collaboration in K12 classrooms. Here are a few starting points:
- As you find your 5 tools, add them to your organizer and write a detailed description of how each tool could be used to support comm/collab.
- Talk about how the tool supports the NETS for Communication and Collaboration and/or one or more of the charactistics of Meaningful Learning with Technology. Remember, you are selecting high quality tools, not just the first 5 you find, and what you say about the tool is just as important as the tool itself.
- When you have completed pinning your tools, add a link to your About.me page or to your blog. You need only link to this specific board, not your entire Pinterest account. This link will tell you how to add the link to Pinterest onto your About.me webpage.
TASK THREE=SHARE: Tool Commercial
TASK FOUR=REFLECT: Reading Response