CHECKING- IN: Multiple ways that you can collect and show me your products and reading reflection
– [Highly recommend] Creating your “page” (not a new post) in your blog and collect your assignments including reading reflection
– For a reading reflection, you can use Google Document (open to the public) and link it in about.me
– Creating Dropbox folder and share the link in your about.me page
We’ll need to review the National Educational Technology Standard (NETS) on Communication and Collaboration first: This is the NETS Standard again:
- Interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media
- Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats
- Develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures
- Contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems
TASK ONE: You will continue your Communication and Collaboration Centers. We will move to Tool commercial next week, so let’s complete your group movie trailer and your own tool kit by today.
CREATE: Movie Trailer
EXPLORE: Explore Communication & Collaboration Tools – Tool Kit
SHARE: Share and select a Communication and Collaboration works – Tool Commercial
REFLECT: Reading Response
TASK TWO: Prepare for another group work, Tool Commercial
[Scenario: You’ve been hired by a tech company to develop a commercial for one of their products. The company thinks that their tool will really benefit communication and collaboration in classrooms – but teachers aren’t really aware of their product. The company needs you to develop a 1-minute infomercial about their product to convince teachers that the tool will benefit students. The purpose of your infomercial is AWARENESS – it is not a training video.]
Step 1. Gather a team of 2 classmates.
Step 2. Choose one tool that your group will introduce in Tool Commercial. You’ll let me know by clicking here which tool you want to choose. Spend some time exploring the tool and think about how you would explain this tool to someone else.
Step 3. Start thinking about how you will create a commercial about your tool. Who is the audience? What are the features? How can they support communication and collaboration in a classroom? You may want to refer to NETS for Communication and Collaboration. Why would a teacher, parent, administrator, resource teacher, and/or student use it?
Step 4. Create a storyboard for a commercial about your tool using Google Presentations. On the storyboard, you will plan for a sequence of information and/or image you will present and narration that goes with it.
**Take a look at two commercials from previous years so that you can better plan for your infomercial:
1. Each group should write one multiple choice question from the Egbert chapter on communication and collaboration. This should be written on the SMART board by the end of class Tuesday.
2. Complete any portion of your center that was not completed in class. Tasks from the Movie trailer, Toolkit, and Tool Commercial are all due by the end of class on Thursday, September 12.