Let’s review what we have done for communication and collaboration
Why do we begin with communication & collaboration?
Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
a. Interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media
b. Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats
c. Develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures
d. Contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems
As a final review of our work with communication and collaboration tools, we’ll take a short quiz over the chapter you read. We’ll use a tool called Socrative to do this. If you are using the student app – simply enter the room name: edit2000chang. If you are using a laptop, go to: http://m.socrative.com/student/#joinRoom and enter the room name: edit2000chang.
Our minute to Win It challenges can be found here
1. Reading response due is this Thursday (9/19) before the class begin.
We’ve read several plans, articles, and chapters. It’s time to reflect what we’ve learned. After the reflection, you should have a good understanding of the role of technology in teaching and learning. In not more than 2 pages of document, reflect what you’ve learned from activities and readings we covered in this class. Here is some questions that will help you to ponder for your reflection paper.
- What is the best way to learn and teach
- What was the best/worst learning/teaching experiences for you?
- What is the role of technology in teaching and learning?
- How do you want to use technology for your learning?
- How technology can be used for meaningful learning, especially for communication and collaboration?
- Where do you see a connection to the NETS in the activities that you completed?
- What tools did you find that are important to share with others?
- How does your social media identity project fit with the communication and collaboration standards? What progress are you making towards your goals?
- How to submit?
- Option 1. word document file> Dropbox folder (Embed the link to about.me page)
- Option 2. Google document (Embed the link to about.me page)- make sure open to the public
- Option 3. Blog> Assignments> Reflections