Class will not meet today as we corresponded by emails.
(If you have not replied me back, please reply me as soon as possible.)
You are expected to work on your 20% project.
PART ONE. DOUBLECHECK THURSDAY’s 20% PROJECT TASKS
Those of you who have asked me extra time to complete last Thursday’s 20% project to-do-lists, please complete everything by today.
If you have completed tasks for last Thursday, please make sure your first blog posting meet the criteria that I provided in task 2: Create a blog post summarizing what you’ve accomplished so far on your 20% project. You can include links to resources you’ve found, photographs, etc. Each blog post for your 20% project should be 3 to 5 paragraphs. It can be written completely stream of conciousness if you need it to be.
Here is the list that I posted on Thursday.
Task 1. Create a blog at http://www.wordpress.com Take a few minutes to think of an appropriate name for your blog – something related to your 20% project.
- If you need help creating your blog, log in to:http://eits.uga.edu/learning_and_training/lynda with your UGA MyID. Search for “Wordpress Essential Training” and choose relevant videos to show you what you need to know.
- CHECKLIST FOR BLOGGING IN WORDPRESS
- Setting up site
- Dashboard functions
- Creating pages
- Creating posts (choose the “new post” tab on the top right or use the dashboard mode)
- Insert media (photos, video, files, etc.)
- Creating a link
- Select different fonts and headings
- Adding tags to posts
- Change your blog title (if you want to)
- Customize your blog
- Transfer your first reflection to your blog
- Add your WordPress blog to your About Me page (either an App or a link)
** If you still have questions about WordPress blog, feel free to email me or watch this tutorial on YouTube.
Task 2. Create a blog post summarizing what you’ve accomplished so far on your 20% project. You can include links to resources you’ve found, photographs, etc. Each blog post for your 20% project should be 3 to 5 paragraphs. It can be written completely stream of conciousness if you need it to be.
Task 3. Create a PAGE to post your reflection. Each week, one of your tasks will be to spend time working on your 20% project. You’ll record your time and progress on your blog.
Task 4. Add a link to your blog on your about.me page (WordPress can be added as an app or as a link – it’s up to you).
PART TWO. THIS WEEK’S 20% PROJECT
Those of you who already completed all the tasks on Thursday blogs.
1. Create 1 blog post- your second blog posting.
2. Create your 1st reflection in your blog >Page called “Reflection”.
Share any ideas/thoughts about your project, any plans, what you have done so far, how do you feel about your 20% project, blogging, and so on.
3. Visit at least 2 classmates’ blogs and see how they are doing and what they are doing. You can access to your classmates’ blogs via their about.me page.