The class meets at 12:40PM today.
If your group already
(1) decided which tool your group is going to advertise OR which specific topic your group will make a movie trailer,
(2) had a scenario for a tool commercial or a movie trailer,
then, your group is ready to film it.
If you are ready, please take this time to check out necessary tools from OIT (remember Scavenger hunt?Yes. OIT is in the 2nd floor) for you group’s projects. If you are working on Movie Trailer, you will need to have an iPad per a group. If you are working on Tool commercial, you may need digital camera, tripod, and microphone.
We’ll need to review the National Educational Technology Standard (NETS) on Communication and Collaboration first:Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.a. Interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media
b. Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats
c. Develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures
d. Contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems
We’ll be working in centers through Thursday, February 13th. Each center is designed to give you a more in-depth view of some aspect of communication and collaboration tools. Some will require independent study while others will require you to work with others in your group. Make a group with three. Regardless of the task, you are encouraged to share your thoughts and ideas with those at your table.
EXPLORE & CREATE: WEB 2.0 COMMERCIAL
Find a technology tool from our resources page or just search online today. You need to play with it this week. After playing with it, you need to start thinking about the commercial content for the tool.
What makes a good commercial? Think about what you watched this past Sunday. Is there any good Super Bowl commercial that surprised you? Which one do you like the most? Why? Most of the time, we like it or remember it because there is a story in the commercial. Also, repetition is an important element for commercial. You need to help your audience remember your product. This project challenges you to be creative to communicate with others who want to learn more about new technology tools!
Come back next class and start to work on your commercial. You can choose to edit several video clips or use some still images to make it. Have your commercial content/ story ready and we will spend next classes working on the Web 2.0 tool project in class.
This is a group project.
– Recommended Process –
1. Choose a tool: Brainstorming
2. Who will be your target audiences? Teachers in K-12? or in college? What is the goal of your movie trailer? Think about…”After watching this commercial, the audiences will be able to ”
Remember that you are creating a commercial to sell this tool!
3. Make a scenario
4. Design a commercial with storyboarding: click here to see an example of storyboard–you will design and decide how many screen shots, length and types of texts, voice-over, or background music will be needed when by doing storyboard.
5. Shoot a film
SHARE: MOVIE TRAILRER
This center is your chance to see how a K12 student might need to know about collaboration and communication. Working with your group, you’ll create a movie trailer on a selected topic. View details here.
1. Who will be your target audience? Students in K-12? or in college? What is the goal of your movie trailer? Think about…”After watching this video, the audiences will be able to ”
2. Check out iPad first and see what iMovie app will do for you.
2. You can make a scenario, outline, and storyboard with the app.
3. Complet #2? Then, film it!
REFLECT: 20% PROJECT BLOG AND TWITTER
In this center you will work on your own to develop a WordPress blog and create 2 blog posts related to your 20% project. You will also work with your group to brainstorm ways Twitter can support your 20% project exploration. View details here.
1. We are continuing Communication & Collaboration Center Day 3. Remember you will only have two times to meet your group members to complete three tasks. At least, your group should have clear storyboards & scenarios for both Commercial and Movie Trailer.
2. If you have any questions/troubles while working with your projects, bring your questions. Other groups may have solution!