TWITTER OF THE DAY
2:00 PM #edit20002 Ryan @RyanBrandlehner
Class Twitter Handle: 12:30PM 2:00PM
PART ONE. RED CARPET PREMIERE
PART TWO. TOOL NEWSLETTER (Individual Work)
Scenario: You’ve been hired by an advertisement company to develop a flyer for teachers in K-12 education. The company should choose tools that will really benefit communication and collaboration in classrooms – but teachers aren’t really aware of the products. The company needs you to develop a flyer about their product to convince teachers that the tool will benefit students. The purpose of your newsletter is AWARENESS – it is not a operational manual.
- View at least 3 of the Web 2.o tools. Do your own search for K12 communication and collaboration resources (and it’s not a bad idea to create a Pinterest board (or other bookmarking tool) of the resources you find.
- Create a one page newsletter that would be sent to parents (and students) describing 3 or 4 of the communication/collaboration tools that will be used in a classroom. Obviously, you’ll want to choose a subject and grade level for this project. Make sure in your descriptions that you don’t just tell what the tool does but how it could be used in a classroom or to keep parents up to date. DO NOT include email or phone calls as one of your tools! Use Smore or Tackk to create your newsletter.
- Newsletters are due Tuesday, September 30th at the end of the class. Add a link to your newsletter onto your about.me page to turn it in.
PART THREE. C&C REFLECTION
In not more than 3 paragraphs, reflect what you’ve learned from activities and readings we covered during C&C unit. Here is some questions that will help you to ponder for your reflection.
- How technology can be used for meaningful learning, especially for communication and collaboration?
- Where do you see a connection to the ISTE (NETS) in the activities that you completed?
- What tools did you find that are important to share with others?
- Embed the Youtube video (Movie or Powtoon) in your reflection page
- Due next Thursday, Oct, 2nd at the end of the class
- Post in your Blog> EDIT2000 > C&C menu
- Embed your group’s C&C video and your flyer in the page
PART FOUR. EMBED GOOGLE CALENDAR IN YOUR BLOG
We will use Google Calendar for your Blogging and to view class schedule.
1. Check the class blog on Sept, 30th and Oct, 2nd to view To-Do List.
2. Tool Newsletter Due is next Tuesday, Sept, 30th.
3. C&C Reflection Due is next Thursday, Oct, 2nd.