- Plagiarism & Academic Honesty
- 12/9: submission due for learning adventure and the last unit reflection
****I won’t accept any late work after December 2nd. You should have all posts on your blogs, Unit reflections, except for the Learning Adventure and the last unit reflection.
PART ONE. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
Here’s the NETS for problem solving (and other related areas):
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making: Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students:
a. Identify and define authentic problems and significant questions for investigation.
b. Plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project.
c. Collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
d. Use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
PART TWO. Learning Adventure Project
- Rubrics: grading rubric
- Today: Creating Websites, Hook, Activities
- 11/20: (Feedback Day): Descriptions of Activities, Letters, Apply
- 12/2 and 12/4: Presentation
Task One. Your Outline
To view your responses, click here.
Task Two. Backwards design
Remember that backwards design will help you to complete this project. When you’re cooking, most of the time you decide what you want to eat BEFORE you get together your ingredients. So, let’s figure out what kinds of projects your students might complete and then organize resources to help them create their projects. Just as we choose a recipe by looking at pictures, a lot of kids will choose your adventure based on the project they will complete.
Task Three. Resources for Hook & Explore Sections
Finding good resources for the “Hook” and “Explore” sections
Where can you go to find interactive games and resources to use in the “Hook” section and the “Explore” section?
flipgrid– photo presentation
Cowbird– photo story journal
blipfoto– photo diary
365project– a 365 days photo project
Cameo– making videos with your iPhone
Scratch– Create your own animation/ project/ video/ game/ music….All you can imagine is here!
GoAnimate– Make your own animation
Remember, these are great examples to use if you need help deciding what to include on each page:
1. Bring a smartphone or an ipad to download QR code reader. You can bring yours or check-out from OIT (Aderhold 232).
2. 20% Blogging reflection Due is this Thursday (11:59PM): post a short reflection/thoughts about your blogging and your future plan.
3. Reflect your time-management skills here.