PART ONE. COMPLETE C&C Project #1
If you haven’t completed your project #1, work on it and complete it by today.
If you have completed your project#1, share your YouTube video address through Twitter (#edit2000chang & your hashtags) and move on to PART TWO.
Feb 10 CREATE Feb 12 CREATE
- Feb 17 SHARE
- Feb 19 SHARE (No class meeting): complete Tool Newsletter
- Feb 24 REFLECT (No class meeting): complete C&C Reflection and 1st blog post
PART TWO. C&C Project #2 TOOL NEWSLETTER (Individual Work)
Scenario: You’ve been hired by an advertisement company to develop a flyer for teachers in K-12 education. The company should choose tools that will really benefit communication and collaboration in classrooms – but teachers aren’t really aware of the products. The company needs you to develop a flyer about their product to convince teachers that the tool will benefit students. The purpose of your newsletter is AWARENESS – it is not a operational manual.
- View at least 3 of the Web 2.o tools. Do your own search for K12 communication and collaboration resources (and it’s not a bad idea to create a Pinterest board (or other bookmarking tool) of the resources you find.
- Create a one page newsletter that would be sent to parents (and students) describing 3 or 4 of the communication/collaboration tools that will be used in a classroom. Obviously, you’ll want to choose a subject and grade level for this project. Make sure in your descriptions that you don’t just tell what the tool does but how it could be used in a classroom or to keep parents up to date. DO NOT include email or phone calls as one of your tools! Use Smore or Tackk to create your newsletter.
- Newsletters are due Thursday, February 19th at the end of the class. Add a link to your newsletter onto your about.me page to turn it in.
PART TWO. C&C REFLECTION
In not more than 3 paragraphs, reflect what you’ve learned from activities and readings we covered during C&C unit. Here is some questions that will help you to ponder for your reflection.
- How technology can be used for meaningful learning, especially for communication and collaboration?
- Where do you see a connection to the ISTE (NETS) in the activities that you completed?
- What tools did you find that are important to share with others?
- Embed (1) the Youtube video (Movie or Powtoon) and (2) Tool Newsletter in your reflection page
- Due next Tuesday, Feb, 24th
- Post in your Blog> EDIT2000 > C&C menu
1. Review PowToon and Video activities
2. We are not meeting this Thursday (Feb, 19th); Tool newsletter should be completed by Feb, 19th
3. We are not meeting next Tuesday (Feb, 24th); you will need to complete (1) C&C reflection, (2) first posting in your Blog by the end of the day.
4. As I mentioned in the class, I will be online during the class time on Thursday and next Tuesday. So, please feel free to email me, if you have any questions regarding the tasks.