What if your project looked like this? This was made with just construction paper (12,000 pieces!!)
We need to remind that the ISTE Standards addresses creativity and innovation:
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
a. apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes.
b. create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
c. use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
d. identify trends and forecast possibilities.
PART ONE. TIMELINE
- Tuesday, Mar, 24th,you’ll have to finish up your script, and organize whatever is needed for next classes and submit your storyboard via Twitter you’ll begin making all of your props.
- Thursday, Mar 26th: you’ll begin filming. You’ll need to come to class ready to film – with props ready to go.
- Tuesday, Mar 31st you’ll complete filming and publish to YouTube
PART TWO. TODAY’s TASKS
- Come up with an idea for your video (make sure it matches a learning goal and California Standard. By only watching your video, students should be able to learn the subject. So make sure you have clear target learners and clear learning goals; You will need to describe these when you submit your project.
- Plan your story. Brainstorm and create a storyboard for your video. This website, kdmc, can give you some rough ideas about storyboarding. Write a script to complete your voice-over.
- Decide on props. Plan what props and equipment you will need.
- Remember the beauty of doing Stop Animation is to create an educational resource with limited numbers of props by using technological effects.
- Twitt (@polibell, #EDIT2000chang #OER) your group’s plan with a picture of your storyboard
- What content is your video teaching? Is it clear to the viewer? How can you make it more clear?
- Does your video tell a story? Are you sure? Who is the main character? What is the plot?
- Create your props to be ready to film on Thursday.
1.You should begin filming.
2. Keep collecting resources needed for stop animation props: clay figures, construction paper, models, scissors, colored pencils, other art supplies – bring them to class on Thursday.
3. If you’d like me to print the photos you would like to us, send it to me via email by Wednesday before 3PM. Otherwise, bring the photos to class as well by Thursday.